Aus Donkpedia, dem vielseitigen Pokerlexikon
Von Doyle Brunson
- „What is Poker come to?“ („Was ist aus Poker geworden?“)
- „I hate Canadians.“ („Ich hasse Kanadier.“)
- „The worst day of the year, is the one u get knockt out of the Main Event.“
- „On every day I played poker so far I learned something new.“ („An jedem Tag, an dem ich bisher Poker gespielt habe, habe ich etwas Neues dazugelernt.“)
- „I have lost one of my oldest and dearest friends today. He was one of the most unique individuals I have ever known and Poker has lost one of the greats today.” – Über Chip Reese
- „Are you sleeping with the guy or what?“ - Zu Sam Farha, nachdem er seine Pocket Asse gegen Jamie Golds Könige hinterher checkte.
- There's an old saying, the only thing you need to play this game is a chip and a chair. But to sit down and win against the best, you need a whole lot more. Poker actually isn't about winning or losing, poker is about making the right decision. You gotta know when to call, when to fold and when to push all in.
When luck is just at the door, you have to come in through the window, thats where the skill comes in. You gotta have the courage to bluff. Courage doesn't necessarily means the absence of fear, but you got to slower the pride, means you got to throw your hand away when you are beat…
When you are really on your game, you can look your opponent in the eye, and you know if you got him or if he got you. It doesn't matter how good you are, everything can change when those cards are in the air.
We don't stop playing because we get older,
We get older because we stop playing
That's poker folks. - Intro von Poker After Dark der 3. & 4. Staffel
- Video auf youtube.com (01:50)